In 2014 JRS Country Acres was recognized and awarded the Green Professional designation from the Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council in the Green Masters Program. As a Green Professional, JRS Country Acres has taken actions within 9 sustainability areas (water, waste, energy, climate change, transportation, supply chain, governance, workforce and community). JRS Country Acres is one of a handful of small, independently owned family farms in Wisconsin to be recognized by the Green Masters Program.
Some Sustainability Actions:
- Locally sourced packaging supplies
- Energy efficient lighting and equipment on the farm
- Comprehensive recycling program
- Composted manure is returned to neighboring fields
- Entire workforce is from Lake Mills area (i.e. hyper local workforce)