Supplier and Operations Standards:
(1) Our goal is to work exclusively with other small (defined as tilling under 300 acres, less than 10,000 laying hens) family farms located within the State of Wisconsin.
(2) We source eggs from farms that are being operated in a manner similar to our values (i.e. chickens are raised in a humane manner, they are cage free and vegetarian fed.)
(3) We source brown eggs from farms that are registered with the FDA as a shell egg producer and are following written plans for the Prevention of Salmonella Enteritidus.
(4) While we meet all applicable laws for food safety and maintain all licenses for shell egg processing and packaging, we aspire to continually improve on all standards defined by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture Trade and Consumer Protection, the United States Department of Agriculture, and the Federal Food and Drug Administration.
(5) We source our supplies (i.e. cartons, label, graphic design and environmental communication services) from other local/regional independently owned companies. These businesses are not only operated in an environmentally responsible manner, but they have also shared their sustainability actions,initiatives and reports with us.